Why Give? Douglas M. Lawson, Ph.D., in Give to Live, writes that giving is good for our emotional health.
- Increased self-acceptance
- Reduce self-absorption and sense of isolation
- Expanded sense of control over one’s life and circumstances
- Increased ability to cope with crises
- Stronger feelings of personal satisfaction
- Improved concentration and enjoyment of experiences
- Enhanced compassion, empathy, and sensitivity to others
- Reduced inner stress and conflict
Skeptical? Give it a try.
Members of Mount Olivet will match contributions of first-time givers up to $50 per month (or $600 total) for 2023.